For someone like me, who loves Guadeloupe islands and is eager to share the beauties of her paradise with travelers, how can I say that “I DON’T have a Top 10 list in Guadeloupe islands” ?
Let me explain! 😉
People usually ask me: “What are the 10 best things to do in Guadeloupe islands?” , “Can you advise the must-see and the must-do? “
Yippee!! A new person interested by Guadeloupe!!! I’m always glad to help people discovering my island but I feel a little bit uncomfortable for answering this kind of questions…
I think that once you have chosen your future holiday destination, it’s normal to figure out what to do there? What to see there? It’s a way to better know the place. Therefore, people are used to rush on Google and search for the Top 10!
Having a look on the “must-see”, “must-do”, “10 best things” in Guadeloupe islands, why not? But I strongly advise to go beyond this! Why?
Obviously, I will not let you go without helping to define what you will do in Guadeloupe islands. I will be so proud and happy if you manage to draw up your Unique travel: an experience which fits the kind of traveler you are, which allows you to create strong memories, your Unique memories. This travel will be yours and the trip of nobody else.
My way of creating this Unique travel is built on 3 steps.
My blog’s vocation is to introduce Guadeloupe islands, to inspire you. You will find ideas of what to experience there.
In addition, let me give you in this post an overview of what Guadeloupe islands have to offer. It will be a good starting point to create your dream trip.
For me, there are 6 main kind of activities/experiences to enjoy in Guadeloupe islands:
For each of these categories, you have several ways to experience it! And you will build your own must-see, must-do list accordingly with what you like, who you are and what you want to experience.
I give you below some examples of how to experience each of these 6 items and after how to intensify these experiences.
In this sample of activities, there is something for every taste. If you are a sportive (hiking, canyoning, volcano, some waterfalls), if you prefer to have more fun (adventure park) or if you don’t want or can’t do a sportive activity (rivers, rainforest roads).
- Don’t only go and see the waterfalls or the rivers, but do like local people have a picnic in these places. Do you know that the favorite local snack for 10 am is grated cucumber with salted codfish in a creole sauce. YUMMY! You can also do barbecue in some picnic areas, why not? Read my previous post: “I love mechoui in Guadeloupe islands”
- During your rainforest getaway, enjoy the nature around you. You will see tropical fruit (bananas, mangos, cocoa, coconut, vanilla), tropical colored flowers, some animals… Just open your eyes, listen attentively, the magic of the rainforest is just there. ENJOY!
- Guadeloupean people are used to enjoy beaches during the week-end. They come in family with all the stuff necessary (food, drinks, music, games). We really love these moments of peace and sharing. Don’t hesitate to talk with us. We will be glad to share a “Ti-punch” with you (our typical rum aperitif).
In addition, with the main islands Grande-Terre and Basse-Terre (the part called “butterfly”), you can enjoy 3 other inhabited islands:
- I strongly advise to stay at least one night on the island. Don’t stay only during the day. When the evening is coming, the tourist boats leave and the island remains for the local people. The atmosphere changes and it’s really worth it.
- If you can be invited by Guadeloupean people to share a moment of their life. GO!! It will be unique! I offer to help you organizing these wonderful sharing moments. Have a look on my services.
- Some craftspersons will teach you how to make your own souvenirs. For instance, you could make by yourself your beautiful earrings with local seeds.
Every moment in Guadeloupean life is a good moment to eat something 🙂
Try our typical dishes, appetizers, drinks, desserts. You will not be disappointed!
I will do a specific post about food in Guadeloupe islands. Stay connected, subscribe to the newsletter.
Where to try our Guadeloupean food?
- Guadeloupean people love street food. You will find food trucks everywhere! On the evening, we also love gather on the central square of the village to enjoy street foods. The more common one is the “bokit”, it’s a kind of burger… but in a local way (fried bread filled with chicken and creole sauce). Try it and comment below to tell me your feeling about the famous“bokit”!
By doing these 3 steps: Inspire, Select and Intensify, you will give you the opportunities to create your Unique travel. You will not limit your trip to the Top 10 list of someone else but you will build your own Top 10 list. And I’m sure, it will be the perfect one for you 😉
To finish, for me, the step “Intensify” is the more important step for building an unforgettable travel in my islands. Indeed, Guadeloupe island is this kind of destination where you can really experience strong emotions, create links with local people and learn new things that will remain for your entire life.
The value of my “Guadeloupe Yourself” services is to assist you in this important planning step. I am sure that having an inside and complete view of Guadeloupe islands destination is really a strength to customize your Unique trip.
Let me know by commenting below!
I hope this post is a great source of information.
Lighthouse, Vieux-Fort, Guadeloupe Islands You have heard about Guadeloupe and you have succumbed to…09 November 2016